Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Belgariad Cover Process

Hey all! So here's just a quick walkthrough of my first project for my Cover Illustration and Design class!

We are to take an old property and re-imagine it for a modern audience. I decided to do the fantasy novel series The Belgariad. I enjoyed the novels quite a bit and I think they could make a cool graphic novel series.

Here's a rundown of the process!




I start with a rough thumbnail for the composition.




Next I make a tight rough based on the thumbnail.

I lightbox a blown up version of the rough, add details and tighten up the rough.






Finally, I ink it!


I did forget to mention that I did a small black placement study on a small printout of the pencil page so that I didn't have to place it all with in the pencil stage.

Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment