Monday, October 17, 2011

Walking Dead, Mystery Box, and a Gun Show

So I loved last night's season two premiere of The Walking Dead. Being a fan of the comics, I am glad to see Kirkman's masterpiece brought to the screen, but I am also enjoying the differences between the books and the show.

During our props class today, we had to draw a girl with a gun based on photo reference, and after drawing the girl I was to inspired not to leave it blank, and I added some (not so perfect in perspective) zombies in honor of the Walking Dead.




The Dead ARISE!!!!


We also had to draw a Mysterious Box, purchased by my professor at a yardsale over the weekend. The box is a genuine artifact, a tool used in the early 20th century which measured electrical currents.

The Box
We determined the box would be a great McGuffin for some sort of story, it positively reeks of mystery and intrigue, which is typical of even the most mundane old artifacts.


Finally, we had to draw ten different guns for our homework project. I really enjoyed this and since I'm going to be working on a story set in the 50s over the next few months, I thought it would be a good idea to learn up on some World War Two period weaponry. It's interesting how little our firearms have truly changed over the past 80 years, beyond the materials and the cosmetic differences.

M1 Bazooka and the German Luger 
Thompson M1 and Ithaca M37

 
Johnson M1941 and MG42





MP44 and S&W .357




Colt M1911 and G43



Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment