Wednesday, July 6, 2011

The Adem


New art!

I have been reading Patrick Rothfuss's Wise Man's Fear, and I was inspired to draw some of the Adem mercenaries from the story. I don't use color often, much less traditionally, but I felt it was worth a shot, and I'm pretty please with how it came out. The blood red garb of the mercenaries is a primary trait that is a centerpoint of their design, so I had to include it!

I have been pretty busy over the past few weeks, between work, figuring out wedding plans, and getting stuff set up for the move and I have not made nearly as much time for myself to draw as I should have. Two weeks ago Kate and I went to Savannah to find an apartment, and were lucky enough to find a totally sweet spot that we both love, and pretty much fit every criteria we were looking for. This past weekend was spent looking at wedding venues, moving the remainder of my packed belongings to her apartment, and spending time with the family over the 4th of July.

All in all it was a pretty great weekend, but I have been jonesing to sit down at the drawing board, so tonight was more that just work, it was pure fun.

Im still working on the comic, updates will continue!

6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome stuff.

    I finally got my hands on the book. The actual physical book. Now no idiotic licensing can stop me from cramming as much Ademic goodness in my head as humanly possible.

    You were always one for mercenaries and rogue warriors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahah yes, I suppose I am. I just finished the book yesterday. It was really good, and it is leaving me wondering what he intends to do with the remainder of the story.

    Wondering to the point of "Is the Kingkiller Trilogy simply the tales that Kvothe tells Chronicler in 3 days, which will then lead to another 3 books which will take place in the present time without the telling of tales" kind of curiosity.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was just google image searching Adem mercenary and your picture came up. Very cool. I'm in the middle of Wise Man's Fear right now and I'm really enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the book! I found your picture and I love it as well. The first thing I thought when we met the adem was they were dressed exactly like mord-sith. I see you think so as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you! It was great! I'm looking forward to the third in a few years!

    ReplyDelete