Tuesday, January 22, 2013

2013, HeroesCon, and upcoming Comics Projects!

Time to update!

I am currently two weeks into the final quarter of my senior year, mere weeks away from finishing my undergraduate degree, a Bachelor's of Fine Arts in Sequential Art at the Savannah College of Art and Design.

It's been an amazing four or so years here, and it has definitely changed my life for the better. I have not only the drive to succeed, but the tools and means to as well. Four years ago I decided to take control of my life and make a change, pursue the dream that floated in my head since I was a child. Now I'm seeing one of the first milestones in that dream come true!

So what does this really all mean?

Currently for my senior project, I'm working on pages for a graphic novel story that I wrote in spring of last year. I'll be taking the package to a few publishers, hopefully piquing their interest, and getting my first major tale into the world and into people's hands. There is no guarantee of course that my book will get picked up, but that's not going to stop me from completing it and seeing it published, even if it means I need to do this myself. I'll be keeping all of you updated with everything I can in relation to this and it's progress.

I am also working on a really cool anthology project headed up by the talented and hardworking :iconlilithim:. It's called "Playlist" and it's going to have awesome comics drawn by myself and friends of mine based on awesome songs and music that inspires all of us. There will be a Kickstarter for this project sometime in the next few weeks or months, and any and all support we can get for this will be great. Share, donate, support comics and art! Believe me, this will a project you'll want to be a part of.

Finally, I have my first gallery show next month here in Savannah Ga. It's called "The Underground Comix Show" and it will feature original art and stories by local comic artists and illustrators in Savannah. If you are in the area and like comics, independent artists, and/or unique stories, this is will be the place to be! Mini-comics of the work shown will be available, and it's going to be awesome.

The show starts at 6pm February 8th at the Ashmore Gallery, and will be open until February 12th.  You can check out more info at the facebook event site here [link]

I'll also be opening commission projects up once I've graduated, probably on a 1-3 slot rotating basis for those interested. Keep an eye out for announcements concerning this, if you're interested in getting an awesome original illustration from me, this will be the time.


I will also have a table this year at HeroeCon in Charlotte, NC. If you go to HeroesCon or are in the area, come by and say hi, buy some prints or a sketch, and chat! I'll be sure to update when I have table numbers and specifics!

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment