Thursday, December 29, 2011

A Note on Process

I was talking with a friend recently about my blog and thinking about sort of focusing it down a bit, to help you my readers have a reason to come visit here over top of my deviantart or another online site such as that.

One thing that I though would be fun is to regularly show work process and step by step descriptions following my thought processes and decision making for a particular piece of work.

Lots of people make sketchblogs, and regularly update with fun sketches and drawings they have done, but I find it much rarer for an artist to show the entire process, from crappy sketch to finished work. Process is also something that I think many artists struggle with, especially artists who work in a commercial artform like Comics or Illustration, or Graphic Design. The sketch and planning is very essential to consistently making successful commercial art, and while I wouldn't say my planning phase is necessarily prefect, I think I have a pretty solid way of working.

Due to this, I think I am going to show my work process, from start to finish, as well as talking about tools that I use and why. I'm sure my process will continue to be refined, and steps added or removed, but this evolution is key to any comic artist.

So without further ado, lets get into it!

No comments:

Post a Comment